Sunday, June 3, 2007

Offend anyone lately? ugh


Ok...today I was supposed to post about the weekend and how it was such a great one. We went to the zoo, the park, and did all that fun stuff with Lilly but after what happened today, that was bound to change.
Photo Sharing and Video Hosting at Photobucket
Here's what happened...I was with a few of my friends today and one of their cousins came over to watch a movie with us. Mom came to pick me up and she had Lilly Jayde with her and my friends cousin asked me if Lilly and me had the same dad. I just told her no and didn't say anything else about it. Then a few minutes later me and my friend were talking about our Lilly "anniversary" that we just recently celebrated and her cousin said "Oh so she isn't really your sister?" I just gave her the look and said "Yes, she is really my little sister, my adopted little sister." and then once again nothing else was really said. Now, this is where it happens...this is where I almost lost it right there. Me and mom were getting ready to leave and Lilly Jayde was having a fit because she didn't want to ride in her carseat. I was trying to calm her down and my friend's cousin said "I wouldn't be able to deal with that since she isn't really your sister. UGHHH! I don't know if that would offend any of you but it really did me. I could feel my face getting red when I said
(in a raised voice) SHE IS REALLY MY LITTLE SISTER!!!! Oh my goodness! I don't understand why some people feel that way about adoption. I mean how could someone say that about this precious baby girl who I am so in love with??? She is my LITTLE SISTER and I will say that to anyone who thinks otherwise. Just because we don't have the same parents and we don't look alike doesn't mean that she wasn't meant for us. WHEW!!! That one got to me.

Sorry to make this an angry blog.
: (
Here is an adorable picture that I took yesterday, maybe this will lighten things up a little...
Photo Sharing and Video Hosting at Photobucket
Lillyana Jayde...my little sister!
Photo Sharing and Video Hosting at Photobucket


8 comments:

Lexie said...

Hey! I saw your comment! Its so good to meet you! Your little sister is ADORABLE!!!!
I am very excited about adopting!! I will add you to my friends list!
feel free to talk to me through email if you would like, so that we can get to know eachother better
lilgirlgager@gmail.com
lexie

Lexie said...

Hey...its me again...i just left a comment...but i left the comment before i acually read your blog that i was commenting on! haha!
I am soo sorry about wat your friend's cousin said! It sounds sooo....."ugly"...you know!!...i don't know if that made since...but yes! i WOULD be offended!

Unknown said...

Oh, Ally, I am so sorry. I HATE that comment. Why do people think that just because they are adopted means they aren't really our sisters? I don't get it! And, I would be offended, too! It's not just you!

Anonymous said...

Congratulations on your adorable baby sister...your real sister...in every sense that matters. She is so precious! It sounds like the two of you are very lucky to have each other.

Some people just don't have a clue about adoption but we both know that it's her loss so try not to let her comments bother you. It probably won't be the last time you hear something like this unfortunately, but focus on all the people who do "get it".

Jie Jie to Sarah Lu and Chayah Ru said...

Ally, I'm SO sorry you had to go through that!! I definitely understand why you got mad... I would have been furious too! Why do people like that not understand?
I LOVE the pic of your little sister Lilly! Biological connections are not what matters at all. Lilly is your REAL little sister, no matter what people say! Yes, she does have different biological/birth parents, but you are her REAL family!!! :)
~Staci

KRISTI said...

You go girl! What a wonderful big sister you are. Keep sticking up for that beautiful baby girl. She's your sister no matter how she came into your family.

SARA said...

Some people just don't get it. You have to ignore ignorance and educate those that don't understand.
Lilly is your sister in every sense of the word! You know it and she knows it... that's all that matters!

Dee said...

Ally,
It is sad that some people don't understand adoption. If they did, they would know that the love and bond between sisters is the same, whether they share genes or not.

We adopted our daughter at birth also. There are often times I forget she was adopted. I couldn't imagine loving her any more if she were born to me. Love, not biology, is what makes you family.